“So many of us, we put so much pressure and expectation on our running goals because we work so hard, we make so many sacrifices and choices, and we just want race day to be everything that we dreamed of and everything we worked toward. And sometimes life happens, and it’s just… We have to adjust our goals accordingly.”
Welcome to Ask Ali, a twice-a-month series where I answer all of your questions. This time around, we’ve got listener questions about what to expect at the New York City Marathon start line, hitting a wall during marathon training, race announcing vs. running, The Baby-Sitters Club, and more. Thanks to everyone who called in for this one. Enjoy!
If you want to be part of a future “Ask Ali” episode (yay!), call 917-947-9699 — introduce yourself, and ask whatever’s on your mind! I can’t wait to hear from you!
SPONSOR: goodr. Click here and use code ONTHERUN15 for 15% off your entire goodr order!
- Insider tips for running the New York City Marathon (4:15)
- What is the ultimate food crime? (13:15)
- Advice for when you hit a wall during marathon training (16:00)
- Why I changed the warm-up questions on the Ali on the Run Show (27:40)
- On race announcing vs. running (33:00)
- How to get notified about live events on the Ali on the Run Show (38:45)
- My favorite character from The Baby-Sitters Club (45:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!