“When I met Aisha, I was like, ‘Oh, we’re gonna be friends forever.’”
Emily Infeld and Aisha Praught Leer are professional runners and Olympians, and despite never sharing a coach, team, or hometown, they have the type of friendship that transcends all of that. On this episode, Aisha and Emily talk about how they met, share their first impressions of each other, and talk about how they bonded long-distance in the early days of their professional careers. We get some big life updates: Emily officially announces who she’s being coached by since leaving the Bowerman Track Club, and Aisha talks about how her return to running has been going since having surgery to repair her torn meniscus after last year’s Tokyo Olympics. Plus, LOL-worthy stories about Emily behind the wheel, Aisha in the pool, and so much more.
SPONSOR: Tracksmith. Click here and use code ALI22 to get free shipping. Plus, Tracksmith will donate 5% of your purchase proceeds to the Brave Like Gabe Foundation.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- When and how Emily and Aisha met (6:00)
- Emily and Aisha recall their first impressions of each other, and talk about how their friendship progressed (10:55)
- The time Emily taught Aisha how to swim — kind of (18:00)
- On running together and making a long-distance friendship work (19:40)
- How Emily and Aisha are alike, and how they’re different (26:00)
- What Emily and Aisha talk about, and what they’re each like when the other is racing (38:00)
- What’s new with Aisha (43:00)
- What’s new with Emily (52:10)
- Emily and Aisha talk about moments when they’ve felt especially proud of each other (1:04:20)
For more, check out:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!