“It felt like, I’m figuring out what these things look like for me. Not, what’s everyone doing or what should I be doing or what’s expected of me?”
There’s nowhere I’d rather be on the third Monday in April than at the Boston Marathon finish line! This year, I was honored to be asked back to perform a variety of roles in Boston. I was one of the start and finish line announcers at the B.A.A. 5K and invitational miles, I hosted a live show with Keira D’Amato at Glossier’s new store on Newbury Street, I was one of the race announcers at the finish on Marathon Monday, and I was the finish line reporter for the world feed broadcast. (Big Papi!!!) It was a fun, rewarding weekend that included run-ins with Eliud Kipchoge (and his content team), a hair-braiding party with one of the best milers in the country, and so much more.
- Tracksmith: New customers, use code ALINEW for $15 off your first Tracksmith order over $75. Returning customers, use code ALIGIVE for free shipping, plus a portion of the proceeds from your order will be donated to Moms Demand Action.
- Sidekick: Use code ONTHERUN for 15% off your next order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- A big-picture recap from my weekend in Boston (3:00)
- Thursday, April 13: the arrival, the errands, and the first run-in with the NN content team (19:00)
- Friday, April 14: the run “with” Kipchoge, the press conference, the expo live show, and the welcome reception (26:05)
- Saturday, April 15: the 5K, the elite miles, and the Keira D’Amato live show (40:05)
- Sunday, April 16: the long run, the hair-braiding party, and the broadcast production meetings (57:30)
- Monday, April 17: Marathon Monday! (1:08:10)
- Tuesday, April 18: the last run (1:25:15)
For more, check out:
Ali on the Run Show Episode 591: The Life-Changing Date Night Episode, Five Years Later
Ali on the Run Show Episode 632: LIVE at the Boston Marathon with Sara Hall, Aliphine Tuliamuk, & Sara Vaughn
Ali on the Run Show Episode 633: Run Your Way with Emma Bates
A Runner’s Weekend – Boston Marathon 2023, via Kofuzi on YouTube
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
- Subscribe to the newsletter
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!